Popular Michigan Wedding DJ
|Discover Bands DJs
Songs Music Services
|MIKE'S HOME PAGE||POPULAR SLOW SONGS||FATHER DAUGHTER DANCE SONGS||POPULAR DANCE SONGS||INFO ON THIS SITE|
Mike's Professional Wedding DJ Service
Experienced Dependable Respectful
Metro Detroit Wedding DJ for Southeast Michigan and More
30 Years of Wedding DJ Experience, Everything is Done Your Way.
To instantly see if Mike is available, click → Mike's DJ Schedule
For Serious Inquiries and Personal Reply, use Check Your Date below.
If you appreciate complete "no hidden information", you can share this page!
Being a Mobile DJ is Mike's main job and he's very good at it.
Mike hooks up TWO Laptops with Professional MP3 Mixing Software and a dual cd player.
Based in the center of Metro Detroit (City of Southfield), his Music Entertainment DJ Service is available for the greater Metro Detroit area including Oakland County, Macomb County, Wayne County, Ann Arbor area, Downriver, all southeast Michigan, other areas in the lower peninsula.
Mike is a Professional Mobile Michigan Disc Jockey and member of…
In 2012, Mike was voted into the new A-List Top 10 of all Wedding DJs in Metro Detroit.
Weddings Are About the Bride & Groom – not the DJ
Mike appropriately refers to himself only as Michael or Mike in order to show respect for the importance of your lifetime moment and to give respect to your family, friends and guests in attendance. Music Slavin Mike – Your Musical Slave is the catchy name of his business and is used primarily for his Music and Entertainment Information Service and for public events, not mentioned nor advertised at weddings.
And because weddings are about the bride & groom, they can tell Mike what to play and what not to play. Hear music you like and avoid what you don't want.
Mike Is A Serious Wedding DJ
AND He created a website to let you know about as many wedding services in Michigan as possible, all types including other Wedding DJs. Only Mike does this. No DJ, wedding service, or anyone else gives you this information. More linked listings than The Knot, it's free, no logins! Info of Photographers, Photo Booths, Cakes, Officiants, Dance Bands, Cocktails Dinner Ceremony Musicians, Bridal Shows, Event Planners and much more.
DJ Prices – usually just $750 Total for a Wedding Reception on Friday or Saturday in the Metro Detroit area, $500 on Sundays. No per-hour charges, any amount of time, dancing lights and back-up DJ equipment included, Mike's DJ Assistant included, Mike's DJ attire is black tux or other attire of your choosing. Due to cost of gas, other areas in Michigan might have an extra charge. To see prices & deposits → click here. How does Mike compare to DJs that charge more? click → compare
From elegant sophisticated tuxedo receptions to a celebration in the back forty, he is a versatile disc jockey who can present himself and the music of your choice exactly the way you prefer. You know what you want and it's Mike's job to make it happen.
Mike is middle-aged, has been the DJ for hundreds of weddings – not a kid still learning.
Mike always shows respect, decency and common courtesy. He is never vulgar.
In 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, was listed as one of the top Detroit Area Wedding DJs at WDIV TV "4 The Best" List. In 2011, he was added to the inaugural Detroit A-List of Best Services.
How far in advance do you need to book Mike? Honest answer is in → Mike's Booking PolicyDemo Video
Mike does not have a demonstration or promo video. Since he lowered his wedding prices 4 years ago in order to help those getting married during current economic downturn in Michigan, he cannot afford to hire a professional video service to have a demo video made showing him on-the-job.
Want to watch/observe Mike on-the-job? → read this
Never Booked a DJ? Need honest info? read Mike's in-depth → How To Choose and Hire a DJ
If Mike is not available for your wedding, would you like him to recommend a DJ? click here
note: Mike was formerly known as Madman Mike Your Musical Slave. Madman simply meant doing more for free, going above and beyond what is expected of your DJ.
Mike is on Facebook. click → Music Slavin Mike Your Musical Slave Facebook Page
Professional Wedding DJ Service
• Mike books only ONE event per day, which means that you get peace of mind.
• Unlike many DJ services, Mike does NOT invite strangers (observers) to your reception.
• Mike is your DJ, not a surprise trainee or subcontracted fill-in.
• Flat Rates (prices) with no hidden costs, no per hour charges, no time limit.
• Wireless hand-held microphone is automatically included, no extra charge.
• DJ Equipment is set up before guests arrive. automatically included, no extra charge.
• He brings an assistant with him to help coordinate and act as back-up DJ, no charge.
• He uses Traktor Pro 2 DJ mixing software on main laptop to play MP3s.
• Brings his own On-The-Job Wi-Fi access to AmazonMP3 and iTunes (most locations).
• Back-up CDs and anti-skip cd players are also at your event.
• Back-up equipment including amp, mixer, microphone and more is at your reception.
• Mike owns and uses professional DJ Equipment, which is shown lower on this page.
• Music Volume: your choice. (usually "easy to talk over" low to start, higher for dancing).
• Reception music: your choice. It's your day – listen and dance to the music you like.
• Mike already owns about 60,000 Legal Music Selections, and more are added every week.
• If Mike doesn't have songs that you want, he will get them at no charge to you.
• Mike coordinates with photographers videographers so important moments are captured.
• DJ Entertainment Style: your choice. Sophisticated to interactive: see styles below
• If needed, Mike can MC your reception: he is good at announcements and introductions.
• DJ Attire: your choice. Mike wears a black tux unless something else is requested.
• Created his own reception information worksheet so important details aren't missed.
• Mike has DJ Liability insurance, a necessity just to work at some banquet facilities.
• Mike has experience at many halls and banquet centers: see list on separate page
• Mike does not advertise: no signs, no flyers, no business cards on tables, etc.
• If needed, Mike can help you organize the formalities, special moments, recognitions, etc.
• Mike is available for meetings before receptions to go over details.
• Mike owns and uses dependable DJ transportation, shown lower on this page.
• He keeps the reception focused on the bride & groom, not himself.
• Simple "no fine print" contracts. No surprise costs.
• Good when dealing with people. DJs need to be nice before and during receptions.
• Mike never bothers the guests.
DJ Equipment Mike uses at wedding receptions
Mike's DJ Set Up is a Full Professional DJ System, not simply one laptop with two small speakers that some DJs use. Plus... Mike owns and brings additional back-up DJ equipment to your wedding.
Mike's Professional DJ System (also known as commercial equipment) includes two laptops with professional mp3 mixing software. Plus a Dual CD player, Numark mixing board, amps, Peavey and Behringer speakers, Shure 58 wireless handheld microphone, multi-colored rotating atmosphere type Lights for dancing, and more.
Below is Mike's full size DJ Van: clean, no advertising, no markings.
You Can Tell Mike How To DJ Your Wedding!
When hiring a DJ for the first time, most people are not aware that they can tell their DJ how to present themselves and their music entertainment. Therefore, Mike explains the three basic styles and a way to express them to any Wedding DJ you might hire.
• Pleasant and Nice. The "Normal Wedding DJ" style.
You could also call Pleasant and Nice the most preferred and "Play It Safe" style - having your DJ be likeable and lessening the chance your DJ would appear obnoxious or offend people.
• Strictly Sophisticated. The "Low Profile" mostly just play music style.
• Interactive Party Style. The "Bar Dance Club" high energy style.
On A Related Side Note...
Sports Stadium style introductions for the Grand Entrance? Mike can do them but only when specifically instructed to do so by the bride & groom. Unless told otherwise, he does entrance introductions in a normal, clear voice.
Variety Dance Music from today's top tunes to way back. Happy, Timber, Cupid Shuffle, Wobble and Casper Cha Cha Slide to In The Mood by Glenn Miller. Pitbull, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Beyoncé, Kid Rock, Flo Rida, Elvis, The Temptations, Toby Keith, Alan Jackson, Rascal Flatts, Journey, AC/DC, Bon Jovi, …
NOTE: PrimeCuts MP3s are 320kbps, highest quality. "PrimeCuts and all TM Studios music & video services only available to radio stations, mobile/club DJs, and other ASCAP/BMI compliant public performance venues."
And he gets Legal MP3's from AmazonMP3, iTunes, and Rhapsody. Over 20 Million available songs.
Mike can suggest songs for a Father Daughter Dance. click → Father-Daughter Dance Songs
If desired, Mike has standards such as Michael Bublé, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Nat "King" Cole, Louis Armstrong, Tony Bennett, Neil Diamond, James Taylor, etc.
If desired, Mike has jazz music for cocktails/dinner. Larry Norzero, Dave Matthews, Rick Braun, The Rippingtons, Stan Getz, Miles Davis, Joe Henderson, Diana Krall, etc.
If desired, Mike has classical music for cocktails/dinner but strongly recommends against it. Unlike using headphones or Live musicians who keep their sound at an even level, when DJs play classical through a P.A. system there is an extreme high-low effect. When DJs set the sound level so the loud parts don't get too loud, the lows usually get so low that you can't hear it which then creates a lot of "dead air" moments even though the music is playing.
If desired, Mike also has Polkas: Big Daddy Lackowski, Misty Blues, Frank Yankovic, etc.
Most Requested Ceremony Music in Mike's collection
Wedding DJ Prices and Deposits
These Prices Apply To the METRO DETROIT AREA.
Example: 4 hours, 6 hours, 8 hours all have same price. explanation
• Deposits are Not Refundable, with one exception.
Exception: if you cancel but date is re-booked, deposit is refunded.
• Deposits are SUBTRACTED from total price.
• Balance - price minus deposit - to be paid at Beginning of your reception.
• Mike's PEACE OF MIND FACTOR: You are NOT asked to pay in full before your reception!
• To see what is included in prices, look in "Specifics" section above.
Friday or Saturday
Sunday through Thursday
Sunday through Thursday on a → Federal Holiday
New Year's Eve (no matter what day of the week)
• Supplying music for Ceremony at same venue as reception: usually no extra charge.
Serving Our Country $50 Military Discount
Potential Additional Costs to prices posted above.
1. Gas Charge if event is not in southeast Michigan.
On a Related Note...
Mike does have DJ Liability Insurance.
Michigan Wedding DJs – How Does Mike's DJ Service Compare?
Most of the time – very favorably.
Some of Mike's colleagues believe you should spend about $1,200 (or more) for a Wedding DJ. Read this from the American Disc Jockey Association (ADJA): "Rates for the DJ industry vary greatly, ranging from $350 to over $5,000 with an average of $1,200 for a 4 hour booking. The best price is not always the best deal, especially if you are planning a wedding."
National Association of Mobile Entertainers is an association of verified professional entertainers, including DJs. ADJA is a self promoting in-house referrals dj association. Info supplied by them is strictly limited to their sales pitch. That's why Mike belongs to N.A.M.E. and not the ADJA.
How does Mike compare to ADJA DJs in Michigan and other local higher priced DJ Services?
1. Being a DJ is Mike's job. Most DJs make a living from a different line of work, becoming weekend music players for extra income. When being a DJ is your main line of work, you have incentive to do a better job than most. Give Mike the edge.
2. Mike books only one event per-day which makes you the most important person in his world on the day of your event. You are not one of many bookings on a given day, you are exclusively Mike's #1 VIP on your day. Give Mike the edge.
3. Mike hooks up TWO Laptops with Professional DJ MP3 Mixing Software plus a Dual CD Player, all ready at the same time, making triple sure you will have your favorite music instantly available at all times. In this comparison, Mike compares very favorably to - or is actually better prepared than - many higher priced DJs who take chances having just one laptop to play your music. Mike has double instant music plaing back-up.
4. Mike usually charges $750 Total in Metro Detroit area. The ADJA and some other Michigan DJ Services want you to pay a lot more than that.
4a. Mike gives a flat rate (one price), which means no hidden costs, no per-hour charges, any amount of time and everything DJ related automatically included. No charge for pre-wedding meetings or unexpected extra time at a reception. No guessing what your final price will be. A very favorable comparison.
5. Mike is your on-the-job DJ for weddings. When you book Mike, you get Mike. That means he doesn't sell bookings - which is just another way of saying subcontract them or farm them out to underlings or other services.
6. Mike has more wedding experience than most DJs at high profile DJ Companies. Plus he owns his own DJ equipment, transportation, and large growing music library. He can meet before your wedding, and provides you with more "no hidden information" on this website than they do on theirs. Again, give Mike the edge.
7. Mike has his own Portable Wi-Fi access! A good thing since most venues don't allow their internet access to DJs. Having personal access to over 20 Million Songs at most locations, he can download songs of special requests on-the-job during a reception. If there is a song he doesn't already own, he can get it right then and there! Only a few DJs can bring their own personal wi-fi internet access to download legal MP3's on-the-job, and Mike is one of them.
8. If you need a dance instructor or dancers, or massive club style bright lighting, or a production crew, or karaoke service with external monitor and extra microphones in addition to a complete Professional DJ Service at your reception, then higher priced services or Entertainment Companies are your best choice. Higher priced wins this comparison, and deservedly so.Other Important Points
Because Mike only books one event per-day he is not in competition with any other DJ Service. As a matter of fact, if he is not available or not the right DJ for you, he freely and publicly recommends other DJs and DJ Services. click → recommendations. Do other DJ Services offer this to you? Again, give Mike the edge.
Mike is the only person (and DJ Service) that lists as many DJs in Michigan as possible. He gives free linked listings to all DJ Services who want to be listed! If you want to see his large list, click → List of Michigan DJs
If you want to pay Mike the same as some higher priced DJs, he will accept it. But if you appreciate a good deal, stay with his posted prices and enjoy your savings.
Now you know why Mike is the only one who has earned being known as
Observers – Watching Mike On-The-Job
You cannot watch Mike at another person's private wedding. Watch him only at public events.
MIKE DOES NOT BRING OBSERVERS TO WEDDINGS.
He firmly believes that your wedding is private. Only the people you invite should be there. It's just that simple. He's sure that you would expect that same consideration from any DJ you might hire.
But some DJ services do allow strangers, usually called "observers" or "watchers" – people you don't know, the DJs don't know, were not invited by you, but invited by the DJs to watch them work at private events. By bringing observers, they are using your private wedding as a public audition.
If you are comparing DJ services and want to include those that do allow observers watchers, Mike has important legal advice for you → click here. After learning how to protect yourself regarding observers, click your Back button to return to this page.
If you want to see Mike on-the-job, it will have to be at a public allowed event. To find out if he will be working an event where the public is invited, keep an eye on → Mike's Public Schedule
Additional comparisons and information pages that might be helpful...
• How To Hire a Wedding DJ – article includes a list of questions to ask DJs.
• Questions To Ask when Interviewing a mobile DJ
• How to Choose Your Wedding DJ
• Meet/Choose Your DJ Before Booking at multiple DJ Company? – Not Always. see faq #10.
• Wedding DJ Rates – 4 Price Ranges Guideline – Metro Detroit and Michigan
• Honest Advice about Wedding DJ Rates in General
• Mike's Links to Mobile DJs in Michigan – over 130 of Mike's Colleagues and Wedding DJs!
MIKE'S BOOKING POLICY
Where in Michigan is Mike available for weddings and special events?
METRO DETROIT + SOUTHEAST MICHIGAN AREAAllen Park
Bloomfield Hills + Bloomfield Township
Farmington + Farmington Hills
Lansing + East Lansing
St. Clair Shores
plus other areas in Southeast Michigan.
OUTSIDE OF METRO DETROIT where Mike has DJ'd for weddings and special events.
Brooklyn / Irish Hills
and many other areas.
Mike is listed in
Never Booked A DJ?
Mike Can Help With
Mike is PayPal Verified.
|ABOUT MIKE||MUSIC EVENTS IN MI||FATHER DAUGHTER SONGS||HOLIDAYS CELEBRATIONS|
|MICHIGAN WEDDING DJ||CONCERTS IN MICHIGAN||POPULAR SLOW SONGS||ARE YOU A MUSIC SLAVE|
|MICHIGAN DJ SERVICE||BIG POPULAR EVENTS IN MI||POPULAR DANCE SONGS||FUN AND WEIRD SITES|
|MIKE'S F A Q||WOODWARD DREAM CRUISE||SONG MUSIC CONTESTS||CHRISTMAS AND SANTA|
|MADMAN MIKE||HALLOWEEN IN MICHIGAN||WEDDING MUSIC||SUPPORT OUR TROOPS|
|DJs IN MICHIGAN||MUSIC BARS DETROIT AREA||COOL MUSIC SITES||LINK EXCHANGE|
|BANDS MUSICIANS IN MI||MUSIC STORES IN MI||INDIE ARTISTS RESOURCES||MUSIC LINKS|
|TRIBUTE ARTISTS IN MI||RECORD STORES IN MI||DJ RESOURCES||MUSIC LINKS 2|
|KARAOKE SERVICES IN MI||MUSIC RADIO VIDEOS - MI||HOW TO CHOOSE A DJ||BANDS MUSICIANS LINKS|
|HIP-HOP MICHIGAN||MUSIC ORGANIZATIONS MI||DJ LINKS|
|ENTERTAINERS IN MI||DISCOVER MUSIC IN MI||KARAOKE LINKS|
|MI RECORDING STUDIOS||METRO DETROIT HALLS||MUSIC EQUIPMENT|
|MI RECORD LABELS||PHOTOGRAPHERS IN MI||ENTERTAINMENT IN MI||EVENT PLANNING|
|MUSIC SERVICES IN MI||LIMOS LIMOUSINES MI||MAGICIANS COMEDY MI||RESOURCES LINK PAGES|